We're looking for a Network Engineer (contractor)!
Rico Computers Enterprises, Inc. is seeking a Network Engineer (contractor) for supporting administrative and academic computer systems within an educational organization.
When you join our team you will: Work independently to solve end user problems in systems supported by Network Services. Monitor and manage various systems and equipment including file servers, network backups, and various applications. Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve problems affecting system performance and efficiency. Train users and assist in preparing training materials for network use. Prepare written specifications for hardware, software, and other network related equipment for purchase by all areas of the organization. Provide assistance to the Manager of Network Services in the evaluation, selection, acquisition, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of network computing resources, to include hardware and software. Monitor and manage application security. Evaluate, recommend, and implement solutions as needed. Advise Manager of Network Services on training needs of users.You are responsible for the architecture and design of LAN/WAN services, including wireless networks, firewalls, routers, switches and any other network & security devices. Additionally, you are responsible for cloud and "As a Services" technologies within the organization, as well as providing advanced guidance, analysis and direction. You work collaboratively with the Management Team to develop technical solutions based on the organization’s strategic vision. Your additional key responsibilities include collaboration with stakeholders to understand strategic business initiatives, and development of technical solutions that satisfy those needs.
Three to five years experience supporting end user applications and hardware in a large environment.
Networking experience, Microsoft operating systems, and Microsoft Ofiice 365.
Experience supporting and managing file backup systems, PC's and Apple products.
Play a key role in driving the program/project development activities governing all development and change activity to ensure alignment to future state.
• Align strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services, partners and suppliers, organization, capabilities, and key business and IT initiatives.
• Collaborate with business and IT to understand requirements, and ensure that the opportunities are properly interpreted, well-understood and clearly documented.
• Determine when resource, technology and/or application constraints warrant change to the solution design, and modify the conceptual design accordingly.
• Develop solution summary documentation such as conceptual data models and process flows.
• Incorporate software and system architecture (e.g. infrastructure, network) into conceptual design (e.g. system flow diagrams).
• Review conceptual designs to ensure scalability, applicability, quality, and comprehensiveness.
• Coordinate, administer, and support activities related to network design and architecture.
• Lead to the innovation of our network services while maintaining knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products related to architecture solution.
• Lead the evaluation, design and planning of network services.
• Develop a business architecture strategy for the business unit based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
• Capture tactical and strategic business goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
• Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Networking or a related field. A Master's Degree is preferred.
• 5+ years of architecture experience across network technologies; you possess highly competent knowledge of network services and project management techniques/methodologies.
• 3+ years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
• Significant hands-on experience with network technologies and services - with a track record of speed and quality delivery.
• Strong understanding of Cisco networking and switching technologies.
• Strong understanding of QoS, SSL VPN services, load balancers, VPN services, MPLS and routing protocols.
• Experience working with a variety of wireline-based telecommunications providers.
• Experience working with large data center environment, SaaS or IaaS providers is desired.
• Experience working with SD-WAN, as well as SaaS based Network and Security services is desired.
• Previous experience working with higher education institutions is desired.
• Detailed and process oriented with demonstrated capabilities in business process design, modeling and requirements analysis.
• Ability to work autonomously, with a team spirit and cross-functionally.
• Desire to make a difference and to challenge the organization towards new ways of doing business.
• Proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment, work in cross-functional collaborative teams and implement organizational change management.
• Ability to mentor and indirectly develop staff.
• Experience working in multiple Information Technology environments preferred.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent collaboration, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organization, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Background check and drug screening required
This is an independent contractor position
Compensation commensurate with experience